|Association Française de Mécanique
||International Association for
Computational Mechanics is a field of research and industrial application that is booming. The main objective of this field is the advanced modelling and simulation of materials, processes, structures and systems within their environment. In parallel, the rapid and constant evolution of materials and computer facilities allow for the consideration of structures with increasingly complex behaviour (multi-scale and multi-physics).
Gathered since 1987 in the framework of GRECO-GIS "Computational Mechanics and Artificial Intelligence", our scientific community aspires to the development and the continuation of the strong links that exist in this domain between industrial partners and academics on a French and European level. This was achieved through the creation of the CSMA Association in 1990.
The CSMA is affiliated, as a scientific and technical group, to:
▪ Association Française de Mécanique (AFM) : http://www.afm.asso.fr/
▪ European Asscoaition of Computational Mechanics (ECCM)
▪ International Association for Computational Mechanics (IACM) : http://www.cimne.upc.es/iacm/
These affiliations guarantee the group the best national and international representation.
The CSMA association brings together over 200 academic and industrial members.
The Missions of the CSMA:
1. Gather the French "Structural Mechanics" community through the organisation of biennial conferences in Giens (the Var region, France). The aim of these conferences is to review the major axes and the newly developed themes in this domain.
2. Initiate and support the organisation of technical and scientific workshops.